Ways to Infuse Change Management into Your PMO
CM and PPM have a common goal: project success. They naturally want to work together to streamline your efforts and deliver on initiatives.
To incorporate a sound CM process into your PPM, you have to:
- Focus on the people. Employees – from decision-makers to team members – have to “buy in” before anything is going to transform. Part of your CM structure must involve influencing the people who will administer the change.
- Adopt a framework. Standardization is important for PMOs. If you have a PPM tool in place that allows for uniformity across projects, it will be easier to implement a change across the entire portfolio.
- Think about the trade-offs. Although most changes require time and resources, the long-term impact on the organization must be considered. Will adjustments today pay big dividends in the future?
- Establish visibility. By providing visibility into the PMO, you can engage enterprise leaders and maintain consistent messaging.
- Find the right technology. The proper solution for your company will allow you to govern both CM and PPM together, within one program.
Hammerhead Enables Seamless CM Integration
If you are looking for a platform that will support a perfect union between CM and PPM, Projility’s Hammerhead solutions may be the answer you’ve been looking for. Hammerhead leverages the power of Microsoft Project Online and Project Server via real-time, role-based, flexible dashboards and a dynamic reporting framework. It is a solution that can be tailored to your enterprise’s needs while providing essential project insight and visibility. It promotes communication within project groups, making it a tool that facilitates change by understanding the importance of processes and people within the PMO.
Change doesn’t have to be difficult. By approaching change proactively and methodically and making it part of your daily PPM routine, you will see how transformation can become part of your PMO’s culture.
Is your PMO ready for a disruption?
Projility provides expert solutions for effective change. We offer enterprise portfolio and project management solutions based on Microsoft Project Server and Project Online, with tailored dashboard reporting, analytics, and decision-making tools via our Hammerhead technology. Projility also implements professional services automation systems established on Microsoft Dynamics CRM Project Service, and presents cloud-based strategies, migrations, and hosting solutions through Microsoft Azure. Contact us for more information.