Understanding which questions you are looking to answer drives the schema design, which can vary organization to organization – depending upon each PMO’s specific requirements.
- There’s a good chance that the next question someone asks will require a new data element or report.
- When management wants a new view of your PPM data, they want it now – because no one has the patience to wait for a data sync or download.
- Your PMO needs to be responsive to new demands, especially with today’s self-service BI expectations.
- If PMO doesn’t deliver the information users want, users will call someone else – and it will probably be your IT group!
- A day will come when you will be asked for a historical view of your PPM data for compliance, audit, or regulatory reasons.
- You need to own your data – even if you’re only renting your PPM system.
- Your PPM deserves a real enterprise reporting strategy.
- OData reporting directly from Microsoft Project Online will regularly disappoint and frustrate you.
- PPM systems need future-proof flexibility, and it’s much easier to design and deploy a system now instead of later, when you are already knee-deep in data and looking for solutions.
- You can use your PPM to validate that the PMO is a forward-looking, strategic investment.
Where can you find a PPM data warehouse?
Projility offers a pre-built PPM data warehouse with Hammerhead Projects, its proprietary software solution that works with Microsoft’s Project Server and Project Online. Using dynamic dashboards with complete, role-based controls, plus full integration with Power BI, Hammerhead allows users to manage PPM data efficiently – without costly customization – and it enables both self-service and remote/tablet based reporting. It comes with a full, pre-built data schema, reporting library, and unique synchronization engine that keeps data available, fresh, and relevant. The solution also supports the inclusion and reporting of non-traditional data elements – such as management decision points, change requests, and management controls – to provide a full look across ALL PPM data, and not just your schedules.
Hammerhead delivers the visibility and insight enterprises need to make strategic, informed, and impactful decisions. If your PMO is looking to drive results with its PPM system investment and reduce its time-to-value, give Projility a call today. We’ll show you how Hammerhead and its PPM data warehouse can transform your enterprise’s decision-making process. For information watch our webinar.
Projility provides expert solutions for effective change. We offer enterprise portfolio and project management solutions based on Microsoft Project Server and Project Online, with tailored dashboard reporting, analytics, and decision-making tools via our Hammerhead technology. Projility also implements professional services automation systems established on Microsoft Dynamics CRM Project Service, and presents cloud-based strategies, migrations, and hosting solutions through Microsoft Azure. Contact us for more information.